Have you ever wondered, could I make a great podcast?
Our friends at Public Radio Exchange are heading The Google Podcasts creator program, a program designed to increase the diversity of voices in the industry globally and lower barriers to podcasting. Selected teams will receive seed funding and participate in an intensive training program.
Independent producers around the world are invited to apply to this accelerator program, where chosen teams will be given up to $40K in funding and the training and mentorship they need to launch or grow their podcasts.
- The program is aimed at producers who self-identify as marginalized in the podcasting landscape, or who intend to reach marginalized audiences.
- They welcome both existing podcasts and ideas for new podcasts.
- Podcasts from around the globe, and in languages other than English, are encouraged.
- Selected teams will participate in a 20-week training program covering all aspects of storytelling, production, and marketing.
- Applications for the first round are due by 11:59pm ET on Sunday, Nov. 18.
To learn more and apply, go here.