UnionDocs is currently seeking an Educational Fellow to support bi-monthly workshops. This is a part-time 6-month fellowship opportunity with possibility for extension.
The educational fellow receives a stipend of $200 per workshop and performs the following tasks:
- Set up and break down tech, hospitality, tables and chairs
- Troubleshoot any tech issues as needed
- Take still photos and some audio/video documentation
- Manage hospitality set-up, including making coffee
- Collect payment information from instructors
- Support the lead instructor in greeting and assisting participants and guest instructors
Time Requirement: Fri – Sun, 9am – 6pm, approx. two weekends per month.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic tech set-up (audio, projector, wifi, light system)
- Responsible and reliable with time
- Able to lift approx. 30 pounds to move tables and chairs
- Proven photo and video documentation skills
- Interest in non-fiction media and audio production a huge plus, as you will benefit from the amazing information, inspiration and community found in these professional development courses!
Please fill out the below application. In your cover letter, please be sure to include answers to the below questions:
- What do you believe you will gain from this position?
- Have you attended a UnionDocs workshop before?
- What experience do you have as a teaching assistant, or facilitating an event space? (prior experience not required)
- How comfortable do you feel troubleshooting tech issues?
- How comfortable do you feel with a camera and with audio recording equipment?