Women Make Movies (a New York City non-profit media organization) is seeking an energetic and highly motivated full-time Marketing and Outreach Manager to promote and publicize the organization, their programs, and their collection of films to customers, potential customers, filmmakers and the media.
Description of position (as posted on the WMM website):
The Marketing and Outreach Manager will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan for the organization and our programs. The successful candidate will be an experienced marketer who is passionate about the work of WMM; understands audience engagement across channels; has expertise with both generating data-driven assessments of marketing campaigns’ results and with improving campaigns’ outcomes over time; and thrives on working with a team to make all elements of a campaign come together successfully. The Marketing and Outreach Manager will be responsible for production management and distribution for all promotional and publicity materials and marketing collateral, including catalogs, website, emails, flyers, posters, postcards, brochures, DVD covers and press kits, in addition to copy development, branding, and promoting the Production Assistance (PA) Program. This position will supervise a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator and Website Consultant.
Women Make Movies, a New York City non-profit media organization, is the leading distributor of films by and about women in North America. Founded in 1972, WMM is a feminist social enterprise with an 85% earned income revenue stream. Our Production Assistance Program assists women directors with their films from concept through completion. For nine of the last ten years, films from our programs have won or been nominated for Oscars. WMM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LQBTQ identified applicants, and older women to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Development and execution of marketing campaigns and promotional materials for WMM’s films, including educational, semi-theatrical, theatrical, broadcast and consumer campaigns; the PA Program and the organization itself.
- Creating strategic marketing plans to retain and expand opportunities with existing customers and developing new customers, including forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, staff assignments, and regular sales analysis using various metrics to measure all promotions.
- Work with senior staff and outside vendors to create a new website for the organization. Manage and maintain the WMM website: oversee maintenance and updating of all content, develop features and functions that enhance users’ experience, sell films, and provide information to filmmakers.
- Brand management and insuring our brand is not only consistent, but also championed across all platforms: website, print publications and electronic communications.
- Maintaining the marketing calendar and schedules for social media, print and electronic communications to produce maximum impact; project manage marketing initiatives and campaigns throughout the life cycle — from planning to evaluation.
- Manage relationships with third party design and print vendors and source new consultants as needed.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in marketing and outreach.
Excellent writing skills a must.
- Experience in promoting nonprofit arts organizations and/or independent film organizations required.
- Superior project management and supervising skills.
- Proficiency in website and social media management with experience in SEO/online optimization.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs; experience working with designers and print materials
- Detail oriented; good copy-editing skills to ensure highest quality marketing engagement
- Experience with email and direct mail marketing; knowledge of Constant Contact or MailChimp Demonstrated expertise planning and overseeing successful educational and engagement campaigns targeting diverse audiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines and work both independently and as a team.
- Flexible, professional, and a self-starter.
- A sense of humor appreciated.
- A passion for feminism and the work of women filmmakers essential
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary based upon nonprofit-scale and commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package including medical and dental insurance, FSA and Dependent Care, long term disability, retirement plan, vacation and paid holidays.
Email a cover letter and resume describing your relevant experience. Please include where you saw this job posting listed, as well as salary requirements (please do not say negotiable; though you may give us a range).
Email: [email protected] (with subject line: Marketing and Outreach Manager)
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE! Order