UnionDocs Fall/Winter Internship
UnionDocs is seeking interns with a variety of strengths and interests for a 4-month commitment (mid August through mid December, 2017). This unpaid position presents the opportunity to explore the operations of a small non-profit arts space and community. Interns also receive free access to all UnionDocs events!
Ideal candidates study or work in film production, curation, or theory, with a vested interest in nonfiction media, programming, events, production, and storytelling. As a small nonprofit with DIY roots, interns work across a wide variety of roles just like the core staff. Previous experience and interests of the candidate are considered when assigning roles.
– Telling the story of our public events through video, audio, photography and text, including an active role in media management for UnionDocs’ forthcoming podcast (an interest in audio is a plus!)
– Participating in event planning, setup, management and reporting.
– Managing updates to UnionDocs.org, including publishing event listings, managing box-office sales, and writing updates to support our web presence.
– Marketing support including writing, research and graphic design to promote events, workshops and professional development programs.
– Outreach via social media and within the community.
– Administrative duties as needed.
– 1-2 days per week (11am-6pm) + 1 evening screening per week
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent computer skills (experience with WordPress, HTML and Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
– Interest and knowledge in documentary arts.
– Photography, video and editing experience preferred.
– Experience with A/V systems preferred but not required.
– Ability to take initiative and work independently.
We are seeking candidates who are interested in the world of non-profit art institutions and documentary art, who are excited by a hands-on and diverse working environment, willing to take on a variety of tasks with equal enthusiasm and diligence.