Calling all documentary filmmakers with projects in development. If you’re working on a feature or short, send it our way! The Points North Fellowship and Shortform Editing Residency offer unique platforms for new voices in documentary to develop their projects and advance their careers.
The earlybird deadline for both programs is June 7 and applications will be accepted through July 12.
The Points North Fellowship is a unique opportunity for six filmmakers (or filmmaking teams) to accelerate the development of their feature-length documentary projects through a combination of funding, focused mentorship, workshops, industry meetings and a public pitch session at the Camden International Film Festival.
The Points North Fellowship includes:
- A cash stipend
- (2) All Access passes to the Camden International Film Festival
- (5) nights of accommodations for two during the festival
- (1) round trip flight to Maine, plus local transportation
- (2) tickets to the Cinema Eye Honors award ceremony and invitations to the
- CIFF-sponsored Nominees Party (January 2018)
- (2) nights of accommodations in NYC
Earlybird Deadline: June 7 @ 11:59pm | Submission Fee: $35
Extended Deadline: July 12 @ 11:59pm | Submission Fee: $50
The Points North Fellowship application follows the guidelines established by the IDA’s Documentary Core Application Project.