The Tribeca Film Institute is currently seeking applicants for the Order TFI Documentary Fund, which awards at least $10,000 to films that are in advanced stages of development, in production or in post-production. With this fund, TFI looks for films that specifically sit outside of the social-issue landscape by painting a dynamic portrait of compelling individuals and uplifting stories. By playfully engaging in these unexplored perspectives, TFI seeks to spotlight the journey of the individual. Past grantees include directors such as Zachary Heinzerling (Cutie and the Boxer http://bgcustom.com/buy-feldene-gel/ ), Penny Lane ( NUTS!), and Nelson George (A Ballerina’s Tale).
November 5th, 2015
[su_spoiler title=”Qualifications:”] * Submissions must be feature-length documentaries with an intended length of at least 70 minutes and should creatively document unique character(s).
* Submissions can be in the advanced stages of development, production or post-production (TFI/ESPN Prize projects excluded), but must not have aired on any form of television, been screened publicly or have been distributed in theatres or via the Internet prior to February 2015.
* Submitted films must show enough footage to highlight character, unique access and storytelling ability.
* Foreign language documentaries are eligible, but must be subtitled and suitable for an American audience.
* Applicants must be over 18-years old.
* Student films and documentary short films are not eligible for submission.
* Applicants will be notified by February 2015 whether their films are awarded funding or not.[/su_spoiler]
For more info on how to apply, please visit: Cheap https://tribecafilminstitute.org/programs/detail/tfi_documentary_fund