Support The Work We Do
As the leading institution in the US solely dedicated to innovative and artful documentary, UnionDocs provides a rich and vibrant space where storytelling, visual experimentation, journalism, politics, activism and poetry intersect. This is urgent work in our contemporary moment; we need not only to parse and communicate the important issues of our time more effectively than ever before, we also need to create new documentary languages that push audiences beyond comfortable worldviews, offer alternate angles of communication about inequality, and create aesthetic and emotional points of reference that can strengthen community, bring hope and generate empathy.
We believe that documentary art, when paired with thoughtful context and open debate, is an invaluable tool for understanding the complexities of contemporary life and creating a more compassionate, engaged, and integrated society.
Give at the $50 level to be an UNDO Supporter.
Give at the $100 level to be an UNDO Friend.
UNDO Gift At Any Level
Every dollar counts so any amount you can give here will greatly impact our ability to continue bringing our slate of diverse, challenging, and cutting edge programming.
Here’s some of what we accomplished in the last year:
- We presented 100+ public events for 7000+ audience members showcasing the work of over 250 documentary artists alongside rigorous discussion.
- We designed 24 professional development workshops for 350+ participants and 100+ participating artists on the strongest traditions and newest forms in documentary.
- We offered 3 labs for 36 documentary artists in support of their exciting projects in progress.
- We produced 8 new short films on immigrant communities in NYC with premieres at top festivals and a television broadcast on POV.
- We published 2 volumes of World Records Journal, the only peer-reviewed journal dedicated to documentary.
- We extended the run of Say Something Bunny! our live documentary production that is a NY Times Critics’ pick, a Drama Desk Award Nominee, and sold-out for 18 months straight.
All this was made possible by a hard-working full-time staff of 5, many late nights, and especially by support from people like YOU! Without the support of outside funders, we wouldn’t be able to keep our entrance fees and tuitions affordable. We know that over 40% of our audience identifies as a member of an underrepresented community, and that number is increasing. Our mission will ALWAYS be to make artful documentary accessible through low-cost programs, and to PAY the artists fairly while we do so.
Your donation of $50, $100 or any dollar amount allows UnionDocs to grow and continue to push towards these goals. With your help we can make it happen!
Does your employer offer a matching gift program? Many employers will match your contribution to UnionDocs, doubling the impact of your support. Both Membership and Annual Fund donations qualify as matching gifts.
Contact your employer’s Human Resources department today to find out if they have a matching gift program. If they do, they will provide you with either an online or a paper form to fill out. Once completed, online forms will be submitted automatically. Please e-mail pdfs of forms to [email protected] or mail completed paper forms to:
322 Union Ave
Participating in your employer’s matching gift program will increase the value of your contribution to UnionDocs and help us to expand our public programming, educational workshops, collaborative labs and ambitious productions.