Our friends over at Feet in 2 Worlds, an immigrant-focused journalism-training organization, are seeking a Development Coordinator to support the Executive Producer and Advisory Board with fund-raising from foundations and individuals. The position is a part-time, six-month appointment with the opportunity to extend for the right fit, pending funding. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an interest in fund-raising.
• Monitoring and managing a spreadsheet of foundation prospects and deadlines
• Coordinating introductions to foundations for the Executive Producer or Advisory Board members as appropriate
• Preparing foundation grant proposals according to the guidelines of each individual opportunity
• Coordinating the necessary attachments for grant proposals
• Facilitating the successful and timely submission of grant proposals
• Following-up on grant proposals
• Supporting the development of a crowdfunding campaign as directed, including: researching and selecting a platform, drafting and editing copy; and coordinating the creation of a video
• Developing a communications calendar for the campaign and organizing, segmenting, cleaning, and updating e-mailing lists to contact throughout the campaign
• Sending all communications according to the calendar and conduct follow-up communications as necessary
• Keeping Fi2W leadership frequently updated on the campaign’s progress
• Managing fulfillment of any perks and/or issuing all acknowledgements following the campaign
• Strong writing skills
• Some previous fund-raising experience is preferred but not necessary
• Comfortable with working remotely
• Able to interface with a variety of stakeholders with poise and professionalism
• Experience working both independently and as part of a team
• Familiarity with technology (Microsoft Suite, MailChimp, In Design, Adobe Suite, Squarespace, etc.)
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Fi2W is an equal opportunity employer, and particularly encourages applications from immigrants and people of color.
Applications (cover letter and resume) and inquiries may be sent via e-mail to [email protected]
To learn more about the opportunity, click here.