Acclaimed documentary filmmaker Cheap Jenni Olson presents her latest work THE ROYAL ROAD theatrically in NYC on October 30 – Nov. 5 at Anthology Film Archives.
After generating strong critical acclaim during a festival run, including world premiering at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival and closing the Art of the Real Doc Film Festival at Lincoln Center, THE ROYAL ROAD returns to New York City for a week of theatrical engagement.
A cinematic essay set against a contemplative backdrop of 16mm urban California landscapes, THE ROYAL ROAD offers up intimate reflections on nostalgia, the pursuit of unavailable women, butch identity and Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo
* Winner: Best LGBTQ Film — Ann Arbor Film Festival
* Winner: Best Feature — Queer Porto LGBT Film Festival
* Special Jury Mention — Buenos Aires International Festival of Independent Cinema (BAFICI)
* Special Jury Mention — Dokufest: International Documentary and Short Film Festival
* Lili Award: Documentary Special Mention — MIX Copenhagen LGBT Film Festival
* Official Selection: 2015 Sundance Film Festival