Order WHAT IS A 48-HOUR FILM CHALLENGE?
Winter Film Awards challenges the local community to create a 4-7 minute short film in a specified genre, tagline and prop in just a single gonzo weekend! Teams select a film genre out of a hat, then must write a screenplay, assemble props, costumes and actors, rehearse, shoot, score and edit all in just two days.
- http://dalkicafe.com/?p=11897 Thirty teams of the most creative people in NYC have just 48 hours to make a film!
- Students, amateurs, and seasoned industry veterans take part in the Challenge
- Completed films are loaded to YouTube to garner thousands of “Likes” for the coveted “Fan Favorite” vote
- Films are screened at a local venue
- Prizes are awarded for Best Picture, Fan Favorite and more!
- Previous Challenge props have included a GrayLine NY tour bus and Citibike
- Local and industry sponsors provide cool prizes to award to winners
- Visit Winter Film Awards 48-Hour Film Challenge YouTube playlist to see last year’s amazing films!
ABOUT WINTER FILM AWARDS
Winter Film Awards is an all-volunteer women and minority-run 501(c)3 organization founded in 2011 by NYC filmmakers and arts enthusiasts to celebrate the diversity of local and international film-making. The Mission of Winter Film Awards 48-Hour Film Challenge is to recognize excellence in cinema and to promote learning and artistic expression for people at all stages of their artistic careers; Winter Film Awards 48-Hour Film Challenge focus on nurturing emerging filmmakers and helping them gain recognition and contacts to break into this difficult industry.
Visit WinterFilmAwards.com for details! Pills